It is curious how DTF transfer, which stands out in the printing industry, is applied. There are specific instructions when applying this print. Therefore, it is difficult to apply without any knowledge. DTF printing, which can be applied alone, especially at home, has recently started to be preferred a lot. Let's take a look at how to apply this printing method that breathes life into the special clothing industry! In this content, we have discussed how to apply this special printing method and what to pay attention to when applying it.
What Are Important Tips When Applying DTF Transfers?
It is important to follow the manufacturer's guidelines when applying each DTF transfer. The success of transfer printing lies in the 5 P's. This printing method consists of 5 stages. These stages are preheating, positioning, printing, peeling and post-printing.
The application of DTF transfers requires a protective layer. This is to prevent unwanted adhesion. However, it should be noted that patience must also be taken into account in this process. For this reason, it is important to wait for it to cool down before peeling. Patience is the most important thing in the printing process because the more patience you have, the better the print durability.
Is DTF Printing a Modern Printing Technique?
Modern printing techniques continue to provide convenience and advantages to the special clothing industry. One of these printing techniques is DTF printing and it is more advantageous than traditional printing techniques. In particular, the fact that it requires low cost and offers excellent performance is one of the reasons why businesses prefer it. It even surpasses competitors such as DTG and HTV as it offers versatile and durable printing. Therefore, it is possible to say that DTF transfers, which have many competitors, are the modern and best printing technique.
Step-by-Step DTF Transfer Implementation
How to apply DTF transfer is a matter of curiosity and there is some information about it. Every printing company gives more or less similar instructions. However, there may be slight differences in the instructions depending on the transfer film and ink used. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to apply DTF transfers:
- First, prepare the area to be printed. During this preparation process, choose a flat and heat-resistant surface. Make sure your heat press machine is clean.
- Preheat the heat press to 275-325°F (135-162°C) before proceeding to the printing step.
- To apply the heat press, straighten your t-shirt and place it on the heat press. If it is damp and wrinkled, you can pre-press.
- Place the prepared DTF transfer film on the garment and adjust its position well.
- You can use a protective layer if you want to prevent your transfer from sticking. Wait 7-10 seconds after turning off the heat press.
- After this time, remove the heat press and allow it to cool for 10-15 seconds. Once you are sure that it has cooled well, you can start peeling.
- If you want your print to look more durable and vibrant, you can apply the heat press on your garment for another 5-10 seconds. You can also use protective materials such as parchment paper during this process.
- Allow it to cool completely before peeling it off and then you can start peeling it off slowly.
Is DTF Transfer Difficult?
If you are going to print DTF for the first time, you may think that this printing is difficult, this is normal. However, it is quite easy as long as certain instructions are followed. After the application, you may think that it was never that difficult. If you are trying this printing technique for the first time and are confused, you can contact us.